Since 2004, the CRDH has held a biannual international colloquium on a current question pertaining to international judicature. (For more information, see the website section Publications).
- The 12th international colloquium of CRDH that took place on Jan. 18th and 19th, 2018, was themed “Rebuilding Human Rights. Criticisms of Practices.”
- The 11th international colloquium, held November 7-8 ,2016, was titled “The United Nations Human Rights Protection System: Present and Future”.
- The 10th international colloquium, held November 19th-20th, 2015, was on the topic « La Cour européenne des droits de l’Homme. Une confiance nécessaire, une autorité renforcée », “The European Human Rights Court.”
- The 9th colloquium, held November 10, 2014, on the theme “La dynamique du système des traités des Nations Unies relatifs aux droits de l’Homme”, “The dynamics of the UN treaty system on human rights”
- The 8th colloquium dealt with the theme Cosmopolitisme juridique, or, held the 21st-23rd of November at the Pathéon in the Irish cultural center under the IUF program headed by Olivier de Frouville and concerning « une théorie démocratique du droit international », or “a democratic theory of international law.”
- The 7th international colloquium held by CRDH was organized by Paris II (the Assas center) in partnership with the International Institute of human rights (Institut René-Cassin, Strasbourg) on June 13th-14th, 2014. The theme was “La prévention des violations des droits de l’homme”, “The prevention of human rights violations”
- The 6th international colloquium, organized by CRDH with the assistance of the Minister of European and foreign affairs, addressed the theme of La Convention internationale pour la protection des personnes contre les disparitions forcées, the International Convention for Protecting People against Kidnapping. It took place on May 15, 2012 in the office of the Minister of European and Foreign Affairs in Paris.
- The 5th international colloquium at CRDH was organized in collaboration with Littoral University. It took place December 16-17, 2011 in Paris. The colloquium was led by Emmanuel Decaux and Mouloud Boumghar on the theme Les nouvelles tendances du droit des peuples à l’autodétermination, New Trends in the Right to Self-Determination. Through the European Commission’s Marie Curie grant, allocated to a CRDH researcher, Ottavio Quirico, for two years (2011-2012), an international colloquium was organized in June 2012 with the European University Institute in Florence, on the theme of Droits de l’homme et enjeux environnementaux;Human Rights and Environment Issues.
- On the occasion of the twentieth anniversary of the International Convention on the Rights of the Child adopted in New York in 1989, the CRDH organized an international conference on October 15 and 16, 2009 in the form of a report, together with the International Catholic Office of Childhood (BICE), on the theme The Convention on the Rights of the Child, Application and Effectiveness: A Closer Look.
- The 3rd international colloquium was organized with the Marangopoulos Foundation for Human Rights (Athens). It was on “Poverty, A Challenge for Human Rights.” This conference was held at the University Paris II (council hall) on May 16 and 17, 2008.
- The 2nd colloquium was held in November 2006. CRDH organized with the Thucydide Center of Paris II a symposium on the OSCE, thirty years after the Helsinki Act – Assessment and Prospects for the New Europe. This colloquium was held under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. at the Kleber Avenue International Conference Center.
The 1st colloquium was held in October 2004. The CRDH organized its first international symposium on the theme of the “United Nations and human rights – Challenges and challenges of reform”